Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ukrainian Delicacies

Do you ever feel like in the United States, you have it all?  You can have a breakfast burrito in the morning, sushi for lunch, and finish the day off with some curry for dinner.  This is one of the first times in my life that I have tried almost all new foods.  Claudia went to an open air market before our bus ride out of Yalta and bought some local Ukrainian food and snacks.  It was delicious!  Even if got strange looks from the people after eating in the street next to the stray cats and dogs.

Pea pod shaped candle looking nuts on a string dipped in some sort of jelly candy





















Homemade Honey




Pickled everything












I am afraid that I will be constantly craving borsht when I get back to the states.  Russian and Ukrainian food has really grown on me.  I can’t believe that I never had borsht during the six weeks that I studied in St. Petersburg four years ago.  


No comments:

Post a Comment