Thursday, March 18, 2010

Translation: Sports Need Complete Treatment

So, my goal is to write in both Russian and English so I can get my practice in, but also allow my loved ones to also follow along. Here goes a rough translation of the article I wrote about yesterday:

Today I listened and read this article about sports. We all know that Russia did very poorly during the Olympic Games this year, but why?? They said that their performance was so poor, because the eat a lot of McDonalds. Interesting... but this article has emphasized that these athletes do not have anywhere to train. In earlier years, Russia was a world leader in winter sports. Russian athlete achieved greatness. Has Russia lost its determination? We do not know, but it is interesting that the article mentions that very few children want play sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment